Alderwood Grilled Salmon
Here’s a super easy & fast recipe that is versatile enough for a week-day smart protein choice or something that can serve a crowd at your next party.
- 1 lb Alaskan wild caught King or Coho salmon (the best & healthiest choices)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Alderwood Smoked Salt, fine
- Preheat your grill to at least 400F
- Drip 2 tablespoons of olive oil on a cookie sheet and place the salmon skin-down on the oil
- Evenly coat the top fleshy side of the salmon with another 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Sprinkle the Alderwood salt on top of the salmon until you have a nice distribution. If you’re not overly sensitive to salt, go ahead and make a nice salt crust as it will just add to the flavor and you can wipe up any excess before you eat.
- Place the salmon skin side down on the grill for 6-7 minutes and close the cover
- Flip the salmon now flesh side down and finish for another 5-6 minutes and close the cover
Once you remove the salmon from the grill, immediately take off the skin as it should come off easier when hot. Leave the salmon with the original skin side down on a plate and let it rest as the juices gather. After 5-10 minutes, re-plate it for serving.
The 1 lb portion will easily serve 2-3 hungry adults as a main entree with sides. This is a recipe that works for people who have previously stated that they “hate” salmon and they can’t believe how much they enjoy it.
Let us know how you like it and what modifications you make!